Tabellen und Datenimport

Alles, was den Programmierer beschäftigt

Moderator: SYNERPY

Antworten
Al

Tabellen und Datenimport

Beitrag von Al »

Hello all,

I am testing AvERP. I want to migrate an existing system from an Access 97 system to this SQL-based system. I am using EMS Interbase/Firebird Manager for this purpose. Quite a neat progr.

Which tables in AvERP.gdb are used for which purpose? I can go figure it all out when I have a lot of time, but is there a list with what Table takes what data? When I look at BKUANF, it seems to have some Customer data. BKUNAN seems to be the place for different Contacts in the same Customer. BKUNDE has most of the unique data for a Customer it seems, but many field names are very cryptic (MPRST, PAURA, BLIEBE_ID_VERSBED1K, etc). Is knowledge about these parts not part of the " Linux-Prinzip", i.e. only in the purchasable manuals? With EMS I can see all the tables and import form *.mdb to them, but what goes where?

I'd like a proper test with real live data before I can evaluate the usability of this system for migration of the old systems. I have to migrate an AS/400 in the same company to an ERP as well. There production parts lists (Stücklisten) are in use. I need to test that as well with live *.csv data exported from the AS/400's DB.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Al
LLLActive_aht_GMX.net
gast_miboe

Beitrag von gast_miboe »

Hi there,

every table has its own description field which contains the meaning of the table. This is in german however!

The best way to have this available for direct access would be to use the EMS tool to export the table A_TABELLEN into an Excel file for example. This table contains the table names, the table ID numbers and the description.

Furthermore, to make understanding easier you could / should try to find a tool that can generate a grafical chart of the relations between the tables. Otherwise, it will be hard (really hard) to figure out all table relations :wink:

Hope that helps
Michael
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

gast_miboe hat geschrieben: This is in german however!
That is no problem; I can speak and read German perfectly - writing German gramatically correct is the problem for me. BTW, are there English forums for AvERP?
gast_miboe hat geschrieben: The best way to have this available for direct access would be to use the EMS tool to export the table A_TABELLEN into an Excel file for example. This table contains the table names, the table ID numbers and the description.
Great!
gast_miboe hat geschrieben: Furthermore, to make understanding easier you could / should try to find a tool that can generate a grafical chart of the relations between the tables. Otherwise, it will be hard (really hard) to figure out all table relations :wink:

Hope that helps
Michael
Thanx for the info Michael! Could you suggest such a tool. As mentioned above, I use EMS Interbase/Firebird Manager. I'm new to it but got it working for reading the tables. Does it perhaps have such a tool integrated?

:-)
Al
Al

Table relationships diagram

Beitrag von Al »

Al hat geschrieben:
Could you suggest such a tool. As mentioned above, I use EMS Interbase/Firebird Manager. I'm new to it but got it working for reading the tables. Does it perhaps have such a tool integrated?

Al
Yes, it has a tool called "Visual Database Designer". It can "Reverse Engineer" the tables into such a relational view. -- There are so many relations, that it is not printable on one page (1275 pages or something results). It looks like a PC printed circuit board of a computer with millions of copper tracks. You can zoom in, but you have to know where the table is your'e looking for. Does anyone know of a way to get this relational table view printable?

With EMS, the table field infofmation can be printed. AvERP displays the views it is currently using in the status bar, which can then be tracked by the A_TABELLEN table list. It would be easier with a diagram that can be meaningfully printed (even on several sheets).

Al
Antworten